- "I will kill you and your family."
- "Someone please shoot her in the head, again and again."
- "I'm going to kill the pastor."
- "If I had a gun I would have gunned you down along with each and every other supporter…"
- "We're going to kill you."
- "You're dead. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon … you're dead."
- "I'm a gay guy who owns guns, and he's my next target."
A federal court in Tacoma, WA has been asked to order that the names of signatories of a state petition seeking to protect traditional marriage be redacted to protect them from death threats from homosexual activists.
"What is becoming increasingly evident," said James Bopp of the James Madison Center,"is that some groups and individuals, certainly a minority, have resorted to advancing their cause, not by debating the merits of the issue but by discouraging participation in the democratic process itself.
"The First Amendment was designed to ensure that all groups, whatever their persuasion, could participate fully in our republic," he said. That breaks down when some groups or individuals are cowed into silence for fear that they or their families will be targeted or threatened if they speak up."Read the rest of "QUEERLY BELOVED: Support traditional marriage? 'You're dead'" here.