Leave God Out of your Speech


A high school valedictorian in Vermont was forbidden by school administers from delivering nearly half of his graduation speech in which he discussed how Jesus had changed his life.
“I was just sharing a story about my life and how it was changed,” said Kyle Gearwar, the valedictorian at Fair Haven Union High School. “And as an American and as a valedictorian I felt that I should have been able to do that.”
Gearwar, 18, said he had submitted his speech to the principal and the following day he was summoned to the office.
“They told me my speech was going to be a problem – that the school wouldn’t allow me to deliver the speech and they would prevent me from giving the speech if it came down to it,” Gearwar told Fox News Radio.
He said the principal told him to remove anything that “had to do with religion, God, talking about how He can help you. The thing that actually changed me, I couldn’t talk about.”
“You can burn a flag but we’re not able to speak about God,” he said. “I just don’t agree with that.”
Read the rest of "School Censors Religious Words in Graduation Speech" here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online

Where Does It Stop?