This is similar to the mantra, "Evolution is science, creation is religion".
That was a very strange assertion and cop-out.
- He is stupid, and blocked me on Twitter because he can't support his view (includes similarity to Argument from Silence)
- Creationists are not scientists (includes Genetic Fallacy)
- Creationists are liars (insipid attempt to manipulate by someone who is unable to distinguish between disagreement on the interpretation of facts, and evidence)
- It's too bad you can't deal with reality (ad hominem, plus what I think of as, "My belief can beat up your belief")
- Republicans only care about helping the rich get richer (includes Appeal to Motive)
- The Bible was written by an evil spirit (No, I am not making up that absurdity)
- I know what you're gonna say, and you're wrong (Poisoning the Well is in this, I think)
- Osama bin Laden was a harmless old man that never hurt anybody (Yes, I've seen that foolishness, too)
- Anyone who understand evolution accepts it, or, nobody who understands evolution denies it (seems to have a bit of Appeal to Ridicule
Although in an admittedly heated discussion,
this was exceptionally vicious and petty.