- Appeal to emotion. The "values" of the leftists are opposed to the majority of the people, but they play up the emotional aspects of "causes" and people support them without thinking; look how leftists tell groups of people that they are oppressed and cannot succeed in life without leftists in power
- Labels and redefinition. Leftists use labels to provoke emotion (supporters of traditional marriage are labeled with the nonsensical but emotion-laden word "homophobe"), and redefine words to suit their purposes (such as "tolerance" meaning "Everything is okay except Judeo-Christian stuff").
- Lack of reason. Someone who is not caught up in the emotional pot-stirring of the leftists can listen to their prominent figures and realize they do not make sense. I saw a picture of homosexuals with a poster outside of a Chick-fil-A restaurant, and the sign said, "Legalize Love", but the issue is not about love
- Celebrity appeal. Movie stars, recording artists, athletes and others in the public eye; Rocker Alice Cooper pointed out, "If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal." Celebrities are know for being celebrities (usually leftist supporters), and not for having intellectual skills
- Opportunism instead of planning. Sure, they may stir up the rabble, and re-stir the rabble (such as the outbreaks of the violent radical "Occupy" nonsense), but for the most part, the left will try to score political points out of something, and fan the emotional flames
- Blatant hypocrisy. F'rinstance, freedom of speech is encouraged for liberals, but if a Conservative speaks up, it's labeled and attacked. Also, B. Hussein Obama was on record as supporting traditional marriage, then he suddenly changed and became a hero
Evolution is a pseudo-scientific philosophy about the origins of life, and is a cornerstone of the atheist religion. Here, logical fallacies run rampant, and many tie into appeals to emotion. The lie that "there are no creationist scientists", another lie that all creationists and Intelligent Design supporters are undejamakated Fundamentalist Christians, that evolution is "science" (fallacy of equivocation), and more. Further, evolution is being protected against actual scientific inquiry. That is not education, that is religious indoctrination! In reality, evolution is another attempt to undermine and ultimately destroy Judeo-Christian values.
Meanwhile, the Statists on the left are supporting the religion of evolutionism.
Now I have an assignment for you. Determine why the violent excesses of Islam are not only tolerated in the West, but encouraged.
Since I have enraged some people with reality, I will go a step further and bring in spiritual truth. While homosexual activists, militant atheists, evolution "educators" and Mohammedans are all useful idiots for the Statists on the left, even the leftists who are trying to run the show are useful idiots themselves! The problem is much deeper than political agendas and immorality. And it has been around a long, long time.
The problem is sin.
"What is 'sin', Cowboy Bob, and why is it so powerful?"
Sin is man's rebellion against God, the one who created us in the first place (Genesis 1.27). Not only do we have a sin nature that prompts us to do things that go against God (Galatians 6.8). Lucifer was a great angel (Ezekiel 28.11-19), and his sin got him kicked out of Heaven (Isaiah 14.12-14 ESV). He is a liar and a destroyer.
There are no "freethinkers" because Satan controls his useful idiots (John 10.10, John 8.44). We have all sinned (Romans 3.23), and are under the wrath of God (Romans 1.18, 2.5).
It does not have to be this way. God has made provision through Jesus Christ to rescue us from the wrath of God (John 3.36, Romans 6.23). You can continue to be under the control of Satan (by the way, he doesn't really care if you're a useful idiot or not, you're just another idiot under his dominion as far as he's concerned) and share his ultimate fate (Revelation 20.10, 15).
Or, because God loves you and made provision for your salvation (John 3.16, 2 Peter 3.9), you can repent ("turn from") your sins and make Jesus Christ, the risen savior and Creator (Colossians 1.16-17, 1 Corinthians 15.3-5).
For more information on this vitally important subject of your eternal destiny, you can click here for a video and click here for an audio about your salvation.
Please — don't be an idiot.