Frog Gigging, or, What Do You Have to Offer?

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too." 
2 Cor. 1.3-4 ESV
— The Apostle Paul
Edited for clarity and fixed links.

Buona sera. Wow, I've been at this since May 30, 2007 and almost 600 posts. Should I have a party for article number 600, or my four-year anniversary? Both?

So anyway. From the Ministry of Dreadful Analogies, I present: Frog Gigging. Basically, it's skewering the critters with a big fork-like spear in the middle of the night. (Some people think it's a fun sport and a variation on hunting, but I'm not fond of the idea for the most part. Perhaps if I had eaten frog legs I might feel differently.) The analogy kicks in now: I'm hunting and skewering bad ideas so you don't have to do it yourselves.

Frog, Pixnio / Bicanski

Now I'm going to irritate people, including Christians who say, essentially, "Cut it out". (Don't judge me when you have no idea what I have seen, felt, experienced and counseled. Especially when using the same kind of approach for which you scold me!) I have seen the modern, arrogant atheists become even more vindictive and antagonistic of late, but I suppose it is just the way it goes, because Matt Slick of CARM has spoken of even worse experiences than I have had.

In another Weblog, I was slandered and I told the guy to look at this Weblog because I had posted something earlier in the day that proved him wrong. His response was that his "atheistic morality" kept him from reading my material. I do not recall all of the ranting he had, but it included "bigoted" and "racist". Strong stuff for someone who has never read my Weblog! He is so skilled, and has such "godlike" knowledge, he "knows" what is here by...magic?

Another situation had me sharing with someone else about evil circumstances that had befallen us. We were attacked by a certain hateful loser that shall remain unnamed (but I could give out his location and Internet provider of Comcast, that he uses Internet Explorer 7 and such just to live down to his image of me). He spewed forth:
I'm not surprised that people like you two were emotionally unequipped to handle the curveballs life will throw at you, without resorting to appeals to superstitious entities. Life is not fair to anyone. Get over it.
Yeah, sure. Let's take this further, all the way to a grave site. 

Tell me, O Enlightened One, what do you have? What does your brand of atheism have to offer, besides moral bankruptcy and intellectual suspension? What words of comfort do you have for someone who has lost a spouse or child, or learned that they have a terminal illness? "God sure sucks, huh? Good thing he doesn't exist except when I want to complain about him. Oh, and your dear departed is now worm food, you'll never see him again. Have a nice day. Be enlightened like me." What kind of man are you? Not much of one, that is obvious! Even in your naturalistic philosophies, there is no good reason to strip away the comfort of others, no matter how much you hate it.

People like both of these jokers are motivated by hate, not "reason" or "logic".

Meanwhile, it's the poor, stupid Xtians missionaries that build schools and hospitals, minister to the needs of the impoverished and homeless, give comfort to the hurting as well as proclaim the Gospel. What do atheists do for anyone? Sure, anyone can give to a charity, but it's the Christians that do the heavy lifting.

Before you get bent out of shape because I'm rough on this breed of atheist (or the lying "agnostic" that will not admit that he's really an atheist), my regular readers know that I am also less than gentle with "religious" people and fake Christians. Don't like the image of a Christian that I present, and prefer the wimpy Christian following a wimpy Jesus? Well, Jesus wasn't always "nice", click here and also read Matthew 23. Don't engage in a form of idolatry, making Jesus act the way you think he should act, and not the Jesus of the Bible. Yes, I'll watch out for that in myself, too.

We have a resurrection to look forward to. I will be with my brother, who had Down Syndrome, and he will be perfect. My mother is waiting, free of the pain of the malignant glioma. My father is there, no longer wracked by Alzheimer's, Dementia and Parkinson's.

Mr. Enlightened One, you have a resurrection coming, too. However, you will have to account for your sins. Since you rejected the death of Jesus on the cross, scoffed at the resurrection and second coming, essentially urinated on the love of God, lied about him as well as his servants — well, you have a harsh judgment coming. Hell is real, and eternity is a long, long time.

Do you want to know why I am doing this? Good.

First, to show arrogant atheists that they are not fooling people. Second, to wake them up and try to get their attention onto the things of God. Third, to warn Christians that these people are very mean spirited, attempting to destroy the faith and comfort of God's people — but those hypocrites have nothing to offer. After all, trying to take away someone's religious faith just because they think they are smarter than everyone else is really, really low.

Don't be skewered on your pride. Wake up and repent while there's still time and have a good future to anticipate. The rest of us you mocked have had our sins forgiven and can enter into the joy of the Father. "Religious" people, false Christians, atheists, anyone else can repent and be forgiven, having a right relationship with God before it's too late.

Comments

Darryl said…
I will be there with you as well, my Brother.
Bob Sorensen said…
Looking forward to it. But, there's no hurry, really.
Silly Goose said…
Beautiful post!
...may God give them eyes to see the truth...
Bob Sorensen said…
As far as seeing the truth, Miss Goose, an explanation is here.
Silly Goose said…
2 Tim 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
2 Tim 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2 Tim 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
?
Alex B said…
I guess you don't want to think about atheists like Bill Gates giving more money away than any Christian in history ever has...
Bob Sorensen said…
"I guess you don't want to think about atheists like Bill Gates giving more money away than any Christian in history ever has..."

So what? That's one. Now, I dare you to do the math and compare how much HE has given away vs. all of the Christian organisations. And then, try to answer any of the other issues of the atheist's "hope". HA!

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online

Where Does It Stop?