Are Atheists Control Freaks?

Revised 8-20-2012.

Buon giorno. I have been wanting to call CARM Radio and ask Matt Slick if he supports my hypotenuse hypothesis: Atheists are control freaks. I have had several instances of control freakness that cause me to wonder if it is more than just a couple of individuals that indulge.

My latest experience is typical, so here we go.

An atheist decided to try to get to me by insulting my creation science Weblog. (Yeah. Playing the Ridicule Card or otherwise attempting to insult and hurt someone is a frequent opening gambit in lieu of actual thought.) I told him (her?) that it's a Weblog. There are links to assorted articles, many of which are of a technical nature. I dared him (her?) to actually read and debunk the science on the site.

So, I rejected his insult and essentially told him to "put up or shut up".

Eventually, he said that he would "have a glance at it". Then I received, "Okay, had a read through the first section. First, what are your impressions of the article, Bob? Give me a quick summary and your opinion on it."

Notice how he tried to flip the thing back onto me? Do not want. See, atheists (and evolutionists) like this must control the conversation and the subject. Later, he was demanding my summary of the article.

I replied, "
You tried to turn my challenge around on me, and I'm not having it. All I did was challenge people to read and attempt to discredit the science at PiltdownSuperman.com, and you demanded that I write an article summary so 'we can discuss it'. Why? So you can argue with ME about what the author said? Get real. Atheists are such control freaks and manipulators." Yes, I admit to being a bit irked.

That's right, I let him know that I was not only annoyed at the attempt at manipulation, but I was not fooled by it. His next response was, "If I wanted to spend my life debunking creationist websites, I'd start my own blog. I'm more interested in discussion with people, not articles." Nice attempt to save the wounded dignity.

First, I am expected to let the atheist take control. Then, I am supposed to discuss an article. The hilarious part was that he implied that he had the ability to debunk the linked articles on anthropology, astronomy, paleontology, microbiology, biology, astrophysics, geology, biometrics, genetics, eugenics, logic, and more. I have seen similar bluster before, and receive hot air in response. I ask them why they are afraid of reading such material. Perhaps they will see that atheism, materialism, uniformitarianism, naturalism and other presuppositions fail miserably as worthwhile explanations. I can hope that they will see the truth of Psalm 53.1-3, Prov. 1.7 and Romans 1.20-22. If they will drop their misotheist presuppositions and honestly listen, there is still a chance that they can learn about the love of God and the sacrifice of Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online

The Religion of Atheism