Abundant Opinions in the Comment Area

by Cowboy Bob Sorensen 

A bane of social media, especially for those who present information, is that too many people are self-appointed experts on whatever topic is presented; they have opinions are are not afraid to express them. Christians and creationists deal with atheists who spout off with prejudicial conjecture, which often means, "I know nothing about the subject but I must cast aspersions anyway." It happens on other subjects as well. We also have to deal with uninformed conjecture.

People have opinions and they are not afraid to express them. On social media, we deal with conjectures. Some are prejudicial, many are uninformed.
Mostly made at PhotoFunia
Expressing an opinion on a subject folks know little or nothing about is common. Watch some of those interviews of people in the street (like the one included here) and you'll see that even though many know nothing, they seem to feel compelled to say something anyway.

I try to avoid using questions in titles of my own material, that's just asking for it. For example, I recently posted, "Is Jesus the Creator?" Atheopaths laugh at those things because they have the minds and spirits of brute beasts, so they commence to ridiculing. One Christian simply simply commented, "Yes". Correct answer, but a completely unnecessary comment. I didn't ask if the commenter bothered to read that article and learn something that might be helpful to him.

Recently, someone made an astonishingly vapid comment that had no relevance to a post. But she had given the issue some thought several decades ago, and blessed us with her half-vast wisdom. (That is, it was weird stuff.) I asked if she read the linked material, and she asked, "What's the big deal if I read it or not?"

It's not important at all. Like other people, I work on researching, writing, previewing, and spending as much time as if I had a part-time job doing this creation ministry for the glory of God and the edification of the saints. Naw, I don't care. Your opinion, whether or not it was supported by scientists, theologians, other people, nobody at all, is precious to me even if you brought it with you from the Land of Pure Imagination. Actually, it would save me a lot of time if I simply made a weblog and social media content simply based on asking for uninformed opinions. Then I can spend more time playing computer solitaire or watching cat videos.

Oh. I went away for a while, didn't I?

I won't pretend to be a paragon of virtue, since I've commented on subjects of which I have some knowledge. But it's best to just clam up instead of putting on a pretense. In this short attention span era, I believe people are getting lazier. How can anyone stand up for Christ and the truth of biblical creation if all they know are "memes", short sayings, and so on? Time is a gift from God, and we should be using it wisely. That includes becoming informed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Where Does It Stop?

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online