Kindle, I've Got You Covered!

Buon giorno. When I did my write-ups about my Kindle, I mentioned that there were three things that did not come with it: Cover, external light and additional power supply. This is about the cover, which was the most important accessory to me.


Covers are not cheap. Amazon makes some covers that include a light, and cost almost as much as the Kindle itself. I did some serious searching, and checking the reviews. Some people give a 1-star review because they are too difficult to please, others give it because they are upset about shipping (that's not cool). But some had genuine issues. I saw reviews where the 1, 2, and 3-star reviews totaled more than the 4 and 5-star reviews, so I skipped those.


Buried in the list were a few covers by a company called Timbuk2. Not many reviews, but one gave all the details that I needed, and I went for it. By the way, I am not being paid or getting anything for this review. 


The one I got was black/gunmetal/red.
I have no idea why the picture makes the
gray look green, though. Click for larger.

Here is the official photo:
This is what I look at, these colors are right.
The cover clasp is magnetic. On occasion, I have to push a bit to get it to close, but after some use, it closes nicely.


Inside, there are straps that hold the Kindle snugly in place. The cover is pretend fur, so the most sensitive part of the Kindle is protected when closed.
Which reminds me, I'm going to review that book.
The video that described this "reading jacket" really helped, and I appreciated the fact that I do not need to keep it open, as shown above. Instead, I can fold it over while reading:
So, not only is the screen protected during travel or just laying about, it helps in other ways. I set the Kindle down carelessly and it slid onto the floor. Thanks for that bit of extra impact protection, Timbuk2! Also, even though you may need to pull the material aside, the buttons and power opening are available; I have not taken my Kindle out of this cover since it arrived.


On a side note, I purchased a Belkin reading light. At first, I was not very happy with it because the Kindle Touch has rounded edges and getting it to stay put was a bit dicey. Belkin made the light with an expandable base so that it works with covers. This one barely fits, but it does fit:
Click for larger. Kindle, Timbuk2 cover and Belkin light (not switched on for picture).
Main point: I recommend this cover. Addendum: I have discontinued my Amazon Affiliates program because I do not wish to be affiliated with a company that gives such pitiful customer service.


Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Where Does It Stop?

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online