July 11, 2010

Evil Came to Visit


Buon giorno. First of all, time for a confession. Despite all of my tough-guy image and experiences, I'm a fan of LOLcats. Especially the "Basement Cat" legend that has been created.

For reasons I will not get into, I had to put up with evil in my own home. This is a long-haired black 'n' evil Basement Cat that I knew before. And dafter than a brush. This prissy beast comes over to me and gets loving and all. Fine, pet the cat, I'm fond of cats. Most of the time.

Later on, I get the wide-eyed stare, and the beastie runs from me. The old "I'll hide under the bed but leave my tail showing" trick. So, I did the thing we used to do: Touch the tip of the tail with my stocking foot. What do I get?
Hisssss! Looks like playtime has changed for Miss Priss.


Reminded of this Bible Verse: I Peter 5.8

Another time, I was walking toward the beast so I could pass her on my way to the bedroom. She gets up with the big-eyed angry panic look, and hisssss while running away. Another time, similar situation. Prissy runs to the room ahead of me, stops four feet away and stares. I commanded, "Hiss!" And I got one!

It's been said that animals pick up attitudes from their owners, and I can believe it. Centuries ago, I was driving deliveries. This one "womyn's art" place had a dog that hated men. I was almost bitten. It's very annoying to try to protect yourself while carrying something heavy with both hands. (For that matter, I'm remembering a little yap dog that gave me a rough, or ruff, time on deliveries at another place. The people were
really weird. This cowardly thing attacked me from behind and bit the heel of my work boot. I felt a "thump". Stupid, and cowardly.)

So anyway, this Basement Cat lives with two man-hating lesbians. More than a coincidence? I think not!

Anyway, she lightened up and began to like me (I have irresistible charm and all that) just before she returned to the Den of Iniquity. Maybe next time, I will say a prayer to bind the forces of evil.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and become my property. Remember, you can have your own discussions on the topics at hand by using the social media sharing buttons beneath each post.

Subscribe in a reader