Parting Thoughts

No, I'm not planning on going anywhere. But I've been thinking about my final moments. Don't worry, I'm not going to get morbid on you. It's just that since my father died almost fifteen months ago, I've thought more about such things.

I don't want my last words to be something hurtful shouted in anger, even if the recipient richly deserved them. Nor do I want them to be something inane, like, "I, uh...huh...what?" It's unlikely that my last words will be from the stupidity hall of fame, such as, "I bet this will be a world's record!" Of course, there's not much point in going around worrying about it; whatever happens, happens. The best I can do in that regard is to simply watch my speech and ask for God's help in that regard.

Just as a side note, the last words of atheists are often full of fear. No, not all of them. It's just that there is quite a contrast with the last words of Christians. I'm not trying to prove a case here, but it's something to think about.

For my last actions, I've fantasized about being a hero and sacrificing my own life to save others. Unlikely, I know. I don't want my final act to be having a heart attack doing something shameful in a Polynesian massage parlor and then people I cared about would have to deal with it. Also highly unlikely. Again, I don't want it to be something stupid, like forgetting to check before I cross the street and get nailed by a bus. No, I'll just go about my business, doing what I do and trying to do my best.

Since I'm active on the Internet, I think about my last post. It will probably be something inconsequential. However, I have stated some thing in no uncertain terms about the truth. In fact, I have thought, "If that was the last thing I posted, I would be pleased about it", because it will probably be there for a while. Nothing is online forever, but I can hope that the good things that I have written, things that would please God, will be around for a long time and possibly minister to others. "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10.9, NIV) Well, I have made my beliefs known several times — and just did so again.

My main point is that I have to live according to my beliefs so I can please God as well as be a good friend and partner to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Where Does It Stop?

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online