Being Politically Incorrect

Nicky got himself a nasty glare when he referred to a woman as a "broad". Funny, I've heard women use the word for other women. But the woman was built like a UPS truck, and neither of us cared about her opinion.

A while ago, I learned that political correctness is a threat to free speech. And it becomes a tool for someone with a chip on their shoulder or is looking for some kind of a fight. If you say the "wrong" words, say something the "wrong" way, or even look at someone crosswise, they'll run crying to their advocate and file a lawsuit.

Too bad the more accurate term, "culturally correct", did not catch on because it's not always about politics. But I suspect it's always about seizing power.

You have to essentially walk on eggshells because you'll offend some cafone. And then you'll be in trouble for walking on eggshells! Somewhere, somehow, no matter how careful you are, someone can be offended. If people could get into our heads and read our thoughts, we'd all be in serious trouble with the PC fascists.

I've really had enough of it, and having to watch myself because "someone could be offended". Sure, I'll follow the cowboy rules and try to keep the profanity away from women and children, and do it around men, horses and cattle. I'll also try to be sensitive to real things that may be offensive. But the "every little thing" bit is way out of hand.

Some of us seem to be rebelling. More people are being provocative in their speech just to provoke a reaction. Some of it is overreaction, sure. But I think a PC rebellion is overdue. As long as we keep some sensitivity (I'm showing some right now by avoiding examples that some people would be honestly offended with). I don't like to hurt, or do the hurting.

I'm politically incorrect and value free speech. Being sensitive? I don't care.

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online

Where Does It Stop?