Just Five More Minutes

Hebrews 10.31
For a long time, I have been attempting to get unbelievers to give God's message a fair hearing. Naturally, I meet with considerable resistance.

"Why do they resist you, Uncle Bob?"
  • Blind, unreasoning hate. Although some will say that it is personal, that they hate me because I'm a bad guy, it's really because I believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ (John 15.18-19). Because of this, nothing I say on any subject has value in their eyes. I might feel badly if I cared about their opinions of me, but they are not the one I want to please (Galatians 1.10).
  • Pride (James 4.6). They think that they do not need God or his Word, that they are sufficient in and of themselves. Actually, it is idolatry, because they make themselves as little godlings, and worship themselves. Who wants to admit that they're a miserable sinner? I don't like it, but I admit that I'm a miserable sinner, saved by the grace of God. He didn't have to do it, you know.
  • Stupidity. Disciples of Richard "Daffy" Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and others will gather their information from each other's unintelligent sites and think that they are clever (Luke 6.39).
  • Fear. I think that, deep down, some of them know full well that they are wrong. As it stands now, in their deceived, hateful minds, there is no God, there is no sin, there are no repercussions for your attitudes and actions if you do not get caught; you warrant what you can get away with. But if there really is a God...
When I have recommended that unbelievers will check out the links on apologetics that I have supplied, they are seldom clicked. In one case, I had the singularly absurd response that he knew what those sites would say, so he did not need to check them out. Another had a lame excuse about calling CARM and debating Rev. Matt Slick... but if he was so clever, you would think that he would jump at the chance of putting that stupid Christian apologist in his place. Agonizing!

As I have said before, I have been pretty much away from my faith for about fifteen years, having recommitted myself to Jesus in April. I'm lacking in the "Christian love" area ("Jesus loves you. Me, not so much").

And yet, I still have to try. So, I'm asking for just five more minutes. Actually, a bit less. Let Dr. Charles Stanley, who has more experience and compassion than I, lay things on the line and give you God's personal invitation:


If you want to hear the entire message (about 25 minutes), you can
click here and listen to the embedded mp3. If you want to talk further, contact them at InTouch.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Where Does It Stop?

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online