Buon giorno. I'm still worked up about the illegal immigration issue (Part 1 is here). E-mails like the ones my brother sent me get me going again. So, this session is a cheat. Not my own work, but it reflects my sentiments and also pulls together things I've read and heard in other places. But I did put some work into the links. Groovy, huh? Even groovier is that an upcoming Weblog will tie into the cheapness of labor issue.
Do me a favor, though, willya? I just added some links to document some of the claims (I won't do all your work for you, though. Some of it's simply common sense, and things you can see with your own eyes). When you check out some of the links, open them in a new browser window or tab. That way, it's easier to find your way back here and finish the article. And maybe read its companion piece. OK, as my buddy Duke Nukem says, "Let's rock!"
Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about? Let's be honest.
- * Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage
- * Consumers don't want expensive produce
- * Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs
But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie ~ there is no such thing as "cheap labor."
Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a job for $5.00 or $6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200, free.
- * He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent
- * He qualifies for food stamps
- * He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care
- * His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school
- * He requires bilingual teachers and books
- * He qualifies for relief from high energy bills
- * If they are or become aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI. Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare.
Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their bills and his. The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.
Bank of un-America is giving them credit cards. And guess who pays for defaulted credit debt? Yep, you and me. As soon as I get that thing paid off, I'm canceling it. What language is in your wallet?
Cheap labor? Yeah, right! Wake up, People!
Have A Nice Day, amigos.